Sunday 29 May 2011

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

Me and Mr S are going to a wedding today. I have a feeling it is going to be quite a fancy one! I have never quite understood why the preparations can get to such a fever pitch, and how they can get so expensive. I have been to a few weddings that have been so carefully, and so beautifully, organised it left me dizzy. Apparently, some women plan their weddings from their girlhood! This to me is astonishing! I knew that I would like to get married, but I never really gave it a second thought. I knew I wanted certain things, but the idea that someone could spend years trawling through wedding magazines planning, designing, and searching for the perfect dress/ invitations/table centrepieces etc is just plain bonkers!

We have been married for nearly 4 years now. I only had one request and that was that we marry in June. The reason for marrying in June came from one of my favourite movies - Seven Brides For Seven Brothers. I have adored this film since I was a girl. I just loved the idea of "...if you marry in June, you're a bride all your life". A girlish romantic me?!


Our wedding was very us, very relaxed, very smiley, very simple. Of course we planned it, but on thinking about it, it didn't feel stressed and fussy. From our first meeting we talked about getting married in Las Vegas. But all things considered, including a young daughter and my Dad being heartbroken if he couldn't walk me down the aisle, we decided on getting married here. I'm so glad we did. It was the best day! The weather was glorious. Our wedding car was delicious, I could just about get my petticoat in there. We even had a surprise Elvis! A fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment